Utah.gov Support

What do I do if my vehicle is out of state at the time of expiration?

In the event that your vehicle requires no safety or emissions inspections this year, you can simply renew online at https://secure.utah.gov/rex/index.html. If inspections are required, you will need to submit an exemption form, which can be found at: http://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-810.pdf. Information on inspections requirements can be found at: http://dmv.utah.gov/register/inspections. Please contact the DMV at 801-297-7780 on weekdays between 8 AM and 5 PM with additional questions.

Was the information in this article helpful?

Yes No

Still Need Help?

Find Agency Contact Information

The Utah Government is broken into several government agencies. View a complete agency listing to get in touch with the agency that will address your questions or concerns.

Speak to a Representative

Need help finding an agency? Having technical difficulties with an online service or application? Chat with us below:

*Please be aware that this chat communication is not secure.

*Do not send any personally identifiable information through your live chat communication.

Other Ways to Contact Utah.gov Technical Support

Close this Window