Utah.gov Support

Why does my vehicle require an inspection?

Vehicles in Salt Lake, Davis, Weber, Utah and Cache counties require intermittent emissions inspections. Additionally, commercial, salvaged and certain ATVs require intermittent safety inspections. Inspection requirements are in place to protect the wellbeing of Utahns. Visit http://dmv.utah.gov/register/inspections for more information regarding vehicle inspection requirements.

Was the information in this article helpful?

Yes No

Still Need Help?

Find Agency Contact Information

The Utah Government is broken into several government agencies. View a complete agency listing to get in touch with the agency that will address your questions or concerns.

Speak to a Representative

Need help finding an agency? Having technical difficulties with an online service or application? Chat with us below:

*Please be aware that this chat communication is not secure.

*Do not send any personally identifiable information through your live chat communication.

Other Ways to Contact Utah.gov Technical Support

Close this Window