Skip to content

Utah Homeowner Associations Registration

What Information is Required before a Sale to an Independent Third Party?

For condominiums and other properties under an association, under Utah Code §§ 57-8-6.1 and 57-8a-105.1, before the sale of any unit or property under a declaration of a COA/HOA association, the grantor must provide the independent third party with a copy of the association of unit owners' recorded governing documents and the link, or document, directing attention to the Department of Commerce's COA/HOA information webpage. This needs to be given by the grantor before closing. The association must provide this information to the grantor upon request. It does not matter when the association was formed, if there is a COA/HOA in existence, then the association must disclose the governing documents to a prospective buyer.