How Do I Sign Up?
Six easy steps to get started:
- Obtain a surety bond, required by the DMV, using this bond form.
- Fill out a OTS Station Information Form.
- Fill out an agreement with the Utah DMV.
- Obtain a FedEx shipping account to receive decals. There is no charge for decals beyond the shipping cost.
Once you have done these four things, please email fax or mail all forms and a copy of your surety bond to Suzanne Covert using the contact information below.
NOTE: Before set up can be completed you must also mail the original surety bond to Suzanne at the mailing address below under contact information.
- Complete the online training (you will be contacted by email with instructions to take the online training).
Surety Bond Information
A $10,000 bond is required by the DMV in order to carry decals in your station.
You can usually obtain one from your current insurance broker. They already have your financial information so obtaining a bond should take very little time.
You typically pay an annual premium between 3 and 5 percent of the bond amount. On a $10,000 bond this would be $100 to $200 per year.
Utah Division of Motor Vehicles
210 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84134
phone: 801-297- 7627
Utah.gov Customer Support