File an Intent to Complete
Who should file an Intent to Complete?
Done by: Original Contractor or Owner
For: Private Projects
When: At least 45 days before the job completes. This says the project is almost done and wants to know if anyone has not been paid yet.
This Intent to Complete (also known as a Notice of Intent to File a Notice of Final Completion) must be filed by:
- An Owner or Original Contractor
- Of a commercial, non-residential project
- At least 45 days before the Notice of Completion could be filed
- Original Contract Price Exceeds $500,000
- Project length is greater than 120 days
- There is not a payment bond for this project
For more information see Utah Code 38-1a-506.